Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Exposing Atle Stehouwer - Owner of Team Singularity as a scammer and exploiting children

I will keep this simple by detailing my experience whilst working at Team Singularity for roughly 2 years and how myself and various others have been scammed by Atle Stehouwer who is the owner and CEO of Team Singularity (aka Singularity Esports)

I began working as a volunteer for Team Singularity after being referred by Ruud Wessels who was a manager at the time in August 2017 up to January 2018 where my position was made permanent and an employment contract was signed.

Attached here

As I'm sure that Atle will raise a number of lies in relation to the standard of work and the hours I put in per week in my position I have also attached his letter of recommendation before our relationship went sour after I had ceased working with him. This letter of recommendation was requested by me after starting a new full time job in IT.

Attached here

The original email containing reference request by the recruitment agent and follow up by Atle Stehouwer is included.

Please note that throughout my time I was already in full time work in IT for a company unrelated to esports. It was agreed between myself and Atle that the majority of my time on Team Singularity would be spent in the evenings and sporadically through the day if I have time.

My day to day duties and responsibilities however very quickly became more and more and this includes:

- Having to wake up at 4am to pick up and transport a player from the league of legends team (Paris Outshs) to the train station due to Frederik Holst (league of legends team manager for Team Singularity) having issues doing his job.
- Restructure and audit Team Singularitys google drive which is basically what I guess is Atle Stehouwers c:\ documents
- Create new documentation, guidelines for players, teams, managers.
- Documentation for onboarding new players, teams, managers.
- Long term/Short term plans documentations etc blah blah blah
- Look and highlight areas of opportunities and detailed research for Atle Stehouwer to pursue
- Communicate with every manager, team, player in regards to issues, events blah blah blah
- Take first step in approaching teams, players for various esports titles to recruit.
- Recruit a streaming team and create documentation blah blah blah
- Allocate and retrieve info from all teams, players, managers (new and old) for equipment and gear
- Communicate with everyone for future events to attend blah blah blah

I could be here all day about the things I was doing but lets just say it far exceeds my contractual obligations set out within the contract. On average I would say I was spending upwards to more than 40 hours per week 7 days a week.

As the events go back a few years I am going off memory and previous chats/resources. If people want further clarification on any areas I am happy to add additional evidence or information.

Myself
I have received a total of the following:
Feb 2018 - 1276.03 GBP
Mar 2018 - 1299.94 GBP

The last payment received was supposed to be agreed settlement for 2 months instead of the remainder of the 10 months of contract.

May 2019 - 1320.46 GBP

Therefore I received a total of 4500 euros from Jan 2017 to Jan 2018. With the remainder of 10 months I am still owed:15000 euros. 

In the link above I have exported the entire history of whatsapp with Atle for proof and clarification. I am able to provide the original format by screenshot if required. Additional emails included of delays etc and broken promises blah blah blah.

                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clash Royale - Exploiting underaged children without parental consent and continued use of them whilst unfulfilling salary commitments. 

























Emil was the head manager for EU, US and Asia Clash royale teams.

-*Update*-
Clarification on who Emil is:



















This is what the salaries are for each player in the 3 clash royale teams for each region i guess?



                             ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Blumigan and League of Legends Team Incident
The above links to screenshots taken from chat logs I had interacting with all involved.
TLDR
- Blumigan did not confirm or make the necessary arrangements to ensure his travel was going to be smooth. This resulted in a fiasco with him being unable to board Ryanair and ESL deducting £300 from the prize winnings of £2102.30 to pay for Blumigans new flight.
- The LOL team claimed only £1802.30 from ESL.
- Singularity Ozone Gear for the team and £300 is unaccounted for and unknown.
- Frederik Holst had confirmed he had unboxed gear held at his place that was for the team that he did not distribute out.
- Frederik Holst proved he was incapable of organizing and managing the team and was suspended/removed from his position.
- There are further allegations that Frederik Holst had withheld prize winnings and gear from players that had come and gone in the Singularity LOL team which I had brought to Atles attention to which he had claimed he had handled.
- As far as I know 2 players of the LOL team never received their promised gear and the £300.
- Despite all the mess that was created Frederik Holst was kept on and continued managing other teams within the organization up to April 2018 (despite Atle Stehouwer publicly stating he had been removed - see article below)
- Travel expenses not reimbursed that the team used for transport despite having receipts.
- Salaries was unpaid to Paris, blumigan and other past members of the team (amount unknown)

This news was covered by another site here:
https://esports-news.co.uk/2018/01/03/singularity-and-zeus-respond-to-accusations/

                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stream Team - Missing promised gear (actually sitting in Atles apartment) and unpaid work done by Claytano
TLDR
- Claytano had been contracted to increase followers and subscribers to all social media channels for Team Singularity for $2k-3k which he had successfully completed to which to date has still not yet been paid for.
- At least 7-8 streamers had not been given promised Ozone gear in exchange for consistent promotion of the Team Singularity brand via their streams on twitch. The gear supposedly for the streamers are all in Atles apartment and confirmed via a picture he had sent to a groupchat for Singularity managers on skype.
- Eeriepancakes (stream team manager discussion about the above in the link)

                             ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dota2 team (mastermind, adamsson, bashruk, solen, mikey)
- Missing salaries
Months of delay and amount unknown of unpaid salaries.
Emails in above link provided by member of the dota2 team and confirmed still missing payments.


                             ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

CSGO team
- Missing salaries and broken promises
- link above provides screenshots from Anton who was the csgo manager at the time confirming various stuff

The following was provided by Sayf who was a member of the team regarding missing payments

https://pastebin.com/8WVkaQmT?fbclid=IwAR0m8-U0AmlvFXyczO_WsGNfa2zt51t0MwlpaoTOdjvIAEV8PKvOzIJgqoM

Link here with contents copied incase it disappears


      
                             ---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Suspected amount of unpaid monies to people extracted from an excel sheet I saved prior to having my permissions removed

Additionally all of this was supposed to be covered by Leonardo Biazzi from dotesports. We had worked together on this for 3 months gathering all the evidence and screenshots. Confirming statements from various players and people.

In his words, this was a big story and I agreed to let dotesports run this exclusively. However 5 months in after his interview with Atle Stehouwer he went AWOL. After heavy chasing he confirmed that there was issues from dotesports editors and that suddenly he was too tired to pursue this story.

My own theory was that he got paid off by Atle but who knows. The excuses he came up with to brush this story and me off was just stupid. The only thing that annoyed me was the time he wasted with me and all the other people that he got in touch with to gather the statements and evidence.

This is just some examples of the many things that I saw and had to deal with during my team at Team Singularity. I would strongly advise that anyone else that has similar experience or problems to come forward, it is because of people like him that esports is what it is today for tier 2 scene.

Those that had no issues were lucky and I hope that it continues that way.

All in all he owes over 20k euros to various people and me. I doubt i'd ever see another penny from him but hope this raises awareness of the kind of person Atle Stehouwer is and I would advise strongly from becoming involved with him and Team Singularity.

To the sponsors and investors of Team Singularity - Is this really a company/business that you want to be affiliated with?

For some reason i'm still on their website so if you're reading this Atle please remove me.












*UPDATE*

In response to Atle Stehouwers about my contributions towards the organisation please refer to this email and this email as well as your recommendation letter - If you were going to decide that I didn't do good enough then shouldn't you have just made this clear instead of continuously lying about paying the outstanding owed? Grasping at straws Atle.

The first time I knew of this was quote:
[19/02/2019, 12:20:31] Atle Stehouwer: Hey Vanjo, no offense but instead of keep texting, maybe grab the fucking phone and call me... Seriously it’s super frustrating to have a guy like you, that no offense haven’t helped get out of the hole we were stuck in last year and just sitting back to collect even though I don’t think you deserve it. You abandoned the ship when we needed you the most, and no offense but you making projects trying to sell
Into other companies etc., didn’t go as you planned ex. the mobile gaming division, the tournament structure with Dell etc.
I think anyone would agree that if I stopped receiving payments from February 2018 - 2 months into a supposedly full time employment then why am I still expected to work on average 40 hours a week for free?
The reason for this dispute is due to Vanjo claiming he did a ‘good job’ while being with Singularity in the last part of the period he was part of the organization, meanwhile our experience is that Vanjo left Team Singularity when we probably needed him the most, and making a claim of salary that we did not feel he was entitled to due to him focusing on projects outside the scope of what was agreed upon.
I didn't claim to do a good job - you did with your recommendation letter and continued emails about repayments owed to me throughout the year. Note: my other projects into other companies was your job, not mine. I only make suggestions based on what I thought could benefit and help you.

You actually agreed to settle for 2 months of the remainder 10 months but failed to live up to that with further broken promises. I don't really gain anything from this - I just want people to see the truth for themselves which I'll be eager to see when you can provide any relevant evidence to backup your own claims.


I’d like to apologize to the streamers, that were part of our stream team during the period with Vanjo, for not being able to furnish them with equipment from our sponsors during their period, but it’s hard to furnish anyone when you don’t get the equipment from the sponsor(s) as agreed, which is the reason for it never happening.
This is a lie as you had a stack of the gear for the streamers in your apartment as shown here LINK

*UPDATE 2*

Spoken to one of the players from the dota2 team who can confirm that they are still owed money.
Player has asked for name to be blurred.


























Based on the above players statement we can confirm that Atle is still lying or he needs a new accountant.

*UPDATE 3*
A number of people have reached out and told me that Atle is currently reaching out to a number of people trying to find out what outstanding debts he owes to his former players/teams.

Regardless of amount it is infuriating to know that he will only take action after being forced to instead of upholding his contractual obligations despite having had the funding for well over 12 months since his claim of Team Singularitys bankruptcy in July 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment